24.5.11

Rabbits and Hares

I whip my hair back and forth, I whip my hair back and-

Okay, I'll stop now XD.

Hares!
Hares are very fast! They sometimes 'box' each other where. Where the phrase.


Sorry. The phrase "mad as a March hare" may come from hares boxing each other. Hares and jackrabbits are basically the same thing, and... In African folk tales, the hare is a trickster, able to escape from bad guys and run away from monsters, which is probably why the stories about hares were retold by African slaves in the US. Okay, yeah, I'm a little out of it today, but that's okay, right?
There are legends about White Hairs which are all about tragic love and loss or witches who hunt for prey.... In Ireland people who harm hares are attacked by faeries. And yeah. Hares! Hares are fun!

Okay, rabbits!

Rabbits are prey animals but also symbolically rabbits are "Pray" animals! They're holy and giving and things... The rabbit also "sacrifices" his life for the predator, so in a sense it's like "service to others".

What else about rabbits? They're cute and domesticated and eat crunchy things. Bunnies! Cute little bunnies! Tiny little bunnies. Happy bunnies. Baby rabbits are called kittens or kits which is really cute! Wild ones live in burrows. In holes in the ground. Hiding from predators. But they're cute, see!



And don't think I can't see you, Mr "I don't have a face" just outside my window, because I can, and you can't touch me, you can't come in here, you can't get in my head because I'm happy I'm happy I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment